Starting an online store can seem scary if you have never done it before. But with the ever-changing technology of today, now is the best time to get started! By not selling your products online, you are losing a majority of shoppers without even realizing. 80 percent of shoppers use a mobile device in-store to look at product reviews, compare prices and look up alternate store locations. Here is a list of 10 more reasons why you should be selling online.
- Earn More Money – Growth in the eCommerce market is coming from rapidly expanding online and mobile users, this increases mobile sales and pushes into new international markets by major brands.
- Expand Your Target Market – When you have a physical storefront, your targeted market is the people in the surrounding areas. When you have an online business, you have the ability to discover markets you never knew existed or needed your product.
- Expand Your Horizon – The internet is available all over the world (hence the term “world wide web.”) Your site is available for people everywhere to see from Bangkok to San Fransisco, making it easy to bring your business into the global market.
- Extended Hours of Operation – By having your store online, you have the ability to keep your business open 24 hours for 7 days a week. No matter what time zone your customer may be in, they can always purchase from your inventory.
- Responsive Sites for Mobile Devices – In the past 6 months, 62 percent of smartphone users have made an online purchase using their phone. Over the coming years, this number is expected to rise with the current trend around smartphones. So users get the best experience on your website, create something responsive that converts well from a desktop to mobile screen.
- Lower Start-up Cost – Opening up a storefront is very costly, from paying for rent, utilities, merchandise, employees and marketing. By opening a web store you are cutting out most of these factors and saving money to put towards more effective marketing and design.
- More Frequent Shoppers – People shop more frequently online since smart phones have become prevalent in daily life. No longer do people have to drive to their favorite store, when they can just visit the website for the same buying experience.
- Measure Everything – The biggest advantage to selling online, is the ability to track everything that goes on. Where the customer purchased from, how they interacted with the site, what and when they purchased, what they left behind in the online cart, etc. This type of data provides information for your business that betters ad campaigns and future marketing.
- Better Customer Support – By having an online store, you can have customer support readily available at all times for customers. Instead of waiting, unsatisfied to return a product to a store- customers can interact with you the seller directly to discuss what issues they had.
- Selling Online Is Easier Than Ever – With the ever-changing technology that surrounds us, creating your online store is simple and easy. There are even companies designed to help you create your dream site, in order to sell your products.
Thank you to K-eCommerce for the original information. You can read more here.